This time of the year is the beginning of thunderstorm and lighting season. With that typically comes power outages and power surges. Below are some "things to know" about your system during a power outage.
- In the event of a power outage, your security system does have a backup battery to sustain itself.
- If your power is out for a long period of time the backup battery could be drained and may not last longer than 24 hrs. Battery maintenance is important to the battery life cycle.
- Your control panel will inform you when the battery is low.
- Depending on age, your battery should recharge when power is restored.
- Your backup battery should be replaced every 4 years.
Here at AlarmSouth, we want you to be prepared for every scenario. If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call and we'll be glad you help you in any way possible.
Any questions or concerns hit the button below for our contact page or give us a call at 1-800-566-5677.